Wednesday, August 4, 2010

No Longer a Blogging Virgin.

   So after 234879 years of wanting to start a blog, I actually did. This is my blog, The Ringleader. Why The Ringleader? I don't know why! I wanted to incorporate my name, but there aren't many fun or interesting words with "Chris" in them. CHRIStianity, CHRIStened, CHRIS...I'm not religious, so there went that idea. And somehow along the way, The Ringleader popped into my head, and I stuck with it. Grab your balls, this is going to be fun.


 That's me on the left. And the fox next to me is my Mom. I probably don't look anything like this picture in real life. (It was before prom) And, I look like a psycho/serial killer in that picture on the right side of the page, but you'll deal.

 This following is probably the most formal I'll ever be on this blog, so after this generic "hello" blog, you'll get to see the real me. So, here it goes.

   I'm 18 years old, born on October 3rd, 1991. I've lived in Buffalo, NY for my entire life. It's not a bad place to live, despite what a lot of people think. In a few weeks I'll be going to school at the University at Buffalo (UB). UB wasn't my first choice, but I'm actually really excited to start school there. I had a surprisingly awesome time at orientation and met some really interesting people. I'm majoring in Psychology, and I hope to make my college experiences a common theme in this blog.


As far as hobbies go, I like a lot of things. Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do. I listen to mostly mainstream, top 40 type of stuff, (lame, I know) but whatever, it makes me happy. I listen to the majority of my music at the gym, which leads me to my next hobby. I like working out. Whenever I'm having a bad day, a nice workout session is really all I need to cheer me up. With working out comes eating. I love food. I'm a pretty good cook, and I work in a restaurant called Jim's Steakout. Food service really is everything people say it is, but all the craziness makes for good conversation. Besides listening to music, working out, eating, and working, I spend the rest of the time with my friends. And when I say I have the coolest friends, I mean it. All of my friends are important to me, but there are four who I couldn't live without.

Wubbs is the friend that I have no doubt in my mind, that I will be best friends with for my entire life. He's honestly one of the funniest, most down to earth people I've ever known. We've been best friends for about 7 years. Our fathers were also best friends when they were kids too, creepy. We are sort of ridiculous when we're together, always making stupid noises and faces and doing things we wouldn't dare do with anyone else. He kind of looks like Justin Bieber, what an asshole.

Emily is the friend of mine who I never could've imagined that I would be friends with. We're so different that we're alike, if that really makes sense. We have completely different interests and hobbies, but we share the same sick, twisted, sometimes odd sense of humor. I've never met someone who I can laugh with about the most ridiculous things. I call her a serial killer a lot because she works in a haunted house, and is obsessed with Halloween, but I really do love my Emily, no matter how many bodies she's hiding in her closet.




Now there's Maureen. My token ginger friend. She's pale. She has freckles. She has red hair (dyed blonde because she's ashamed). She's Maureen. Maureen is one of the most hilarious people I've ever encountered. We met because of our mutual hate for half the people in our gym class back when I was a junior in high school. If I hadn't have met Maureen, I honestly don't know where I'd be, or who I'd be. She's one of those people who knows when it's time to be funny, and when it's time to be serious. She can make you laugh for hours and comfort you when you need it. She also has more freckles than there are stars in the sky. I love Maureen.



And last but not least, there's Dave. Dave is the friend of mine who I fight with a lot, but he's also the friend of mine who I've learned the most from. We're complete opposites in pretty much every aspect of our lives, but that's what makes us such good friends. Dave and I got introduced when he moved into the house next to my grandparents. A few years later, he transferred to our school district and we became good friends. Over the past few years, I've really gotten to know and love Dave and I'm so glad we've become such good friends. We also hate all the same people, so I think our friendship is going to work out OK.





   Well, there you have it...my first blog. Probably the only one where I'll sound this eloquent, if that's how I'm even coming off.

No comments:

Post a Comment