Sunday, August 8, 2010

College Update

   For the past three or four years, I've been dead set on getting a Masters degree in Psychology. I've always felt that psychology was going to be the right path for me. But today, after a long talk with my uncle, I had a realization that I might not want to go into psychology. Instead, I'm starting to lean towards going into Business.
   A degree in business has actually appealed to me for a long time, but I never really looked into it, or gave it a chance. Today however, my Uncle Billy told me he thought that I should go into business. If anyone else would've said this, I wouldn't have taken it seriously. But my Uncle is one of the most successful people that I know. He sat me down and talked to me for a few minutes about what he does (He has his degree in business) and I started to think that maybe business is for me. I'm quick. I can talk my way out of anything. I know when to be tough and when to be serious. And I'm not a push over. Another reason why I felt strongly about what he said was that I didn't want to go to his house today. It was my one day off in over two weeks. I had plans with my friends and I honestly complained the entire ride there. I actually was going to stay home. But I went, and I think I went for a reason. 
   I've been sort of questioning the whole psychology thing lately. It's pretty hard to get a good job with a Psychology degree unless you become a doctor, which takes way too much time. Instead, my Uncle explained to me that I could get my Masters degree in Business Administration in about five to six years, compared to becoming a psychiatrist in at least 8 years. Luckily for me, UB has a program where I could major in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing, and minor in Psychology still. I couldn't be more excited about this, and I really do think that I might make the switch from Psychology to Business.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment